Sunday, June 10, 2012

Journey, Day 2

I can tell today might be a little tough.  It's my nephew's birthday party this afternoon, and of course there will be food.  I'm going to make sure I blend up a smoothie before I go, and not linger around a table or anything so that I won't be tempted.  I'll update later to let you all know how it went.

In other news, I weighed myself this morning. 186.4.  What???  Since we got back from Mexico over a week ago I've been eating really well, and I've been going to yoga every day.  Again, I hate weighing myself because it's depressing, and I tend to focus a lot on that number.  I'm fairly certain that I gained weight from starting the yoga program.  I know my muscle mass is increasing, and that's probably really influencing my weight.

The brand spanking new yoga studio around the corner from where I work.  Homepage here.

I'm going to give it some time and let it work itself out.  In the meantime, I'm not weighing myself again anytime soon!

Today's breakfast smoothie was a simple strawberry smoothie.  It was pretty good, but not as good as the blueberry smoothie from yesterday.  I'm going to be whipping up another one (my mid-morning snack) in a few minutes, then I'll be back on later today to wrap up my review of today!

*Update*

Today went well overall diet-wise.  It was kind of emotionally taxing for some reason, and I'm not entirely sure why.  I'm on Celexa, which is an anti-depressant/anti-anxiety medication.  I used to cry pretty easily, but since I started taking the medication I hardly cry at all, even at things that a "normal" person would cry at.  Today I cried 3 times!  I'm just feeling overwhelmed.  I want Cheetos.  And a cheeseburger.  And solid food.  It's hard!

My nephew's birthday was tough, there was lots of food there, and, of course, cake.  I wanted cake sooo badly.  But I didn't eat anything, I just drank water.  I went slightly off the plan because I couldn't stomach the thought of ginger, and lunch was a ginger-laden soup.  So I had a smoothie with strawberries, frozen blueberries, hemp seeds, coconut oil, kale and water.  This brings me back to the snack for this morning, the Mar-tea-ni. I literally had to gag it down because of the lettuce.  It also included ginger, and now I'm turned off the stuff, at least for the time being :-(.  For dinner I made a repeat of last night, the tomato bisque.  I plan on following the menu exactly tomorrow.  Tomorrow's also a raw food class at the new Whole Foods in our area, and I'll write about that as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment